Enloe Medical Center’s Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency Series consists of continuing education seminars that are focused and dedicated to orthopaedic physical therapy. This post-graduate training program is available for licensed physical therapists seeking to excel in orthopaedic physical therapy, as well as any physical therapist or physical therapist assistant.
This series of seminars is also utilized to fulfill the didactic requirements for Enloe’s new Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency program, which is currently undergoing credentialing. If you would like to learn more about this program, you can email us at PTresidency@enloe.org or go to www.enloe.org/PTresidency.
Each seminar offers 15 Physical Therapy Contact Hours.
After completing this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Describe and discuss key points of the anatomy and biomechanics of the thoracic spine & ribcage.
- Describe and discuss common conditions affecting the thoracic spine & ribcage.
- Describe and discuss orthopaedic physical therapy strategies for common conditions of the thoracic spine & ribcage.
- Identify “red flags” and other conditions that necessitate referral to a physician.
- Discuss appropriate research evidence for the identification and management of thoracic spine & ribcage conditions.
- Review the complexity of this region as it relates to function, dysfunction, pain, and disability.
- Demonstrate examination, assessment, manual interventions, and exercise interventions appropriate to the thoracic spine & ribcage.
View Program Flyer