Diabetes is a chronic condition in which the body needs help using food properly. This problem is related to how your body makes and uses insulin, a hormone produced in the pancreas that helps keep your blood sugar in a normal range.
- Common; about 1 in 10 people in the U.S. live with the condition
- Controllable; you can’t cure diabetes, but you can control your blood sugar levels
- Constantly changing; as a result, your care team may adjust your treatment plan
If you suffer from this condition, the trusted caregivers at Enloe Diabetes Services are here for you. They can help with your:
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- And gestational diabetes
A registered nurse or dietitian will help you gain the knowledge you need to manage your condition. These certified diabetes educators will:
- Help you understand your condition
- Offer education and meal planning
- And provide tips on home glucose monitoring and selfcare
Enloe offers individual appointments and group classes.
Want to learn more about gestational diabetes or Enloe’s Sweet Success program? Visit www.enloe.org/women.
A Distinguished Program
Enloe’s Diabetes Education Program is accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators.
But the accolades don’t end there. Enloe was also recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a top performer for diabetes. Let us care for you. Ask your doctor for a referral or contact us.