Enloe Medical Center in Chico, Calif., offers individual education and group classes for people with Type I and Type II diabetes. Through our Sweet Success program, we also provide education and guidelines for women with gestational diabetes. Participants gain the knowledge and self-care skills necessary to manage their condition effectively. Education includes:
- Understanding the disease process
- Meal planning
- Home glucose monitoring and understanding blood-sugar goal ranges
- Acute and chronic complications of diabetes
- The benefits of exercise
- Diabetes care during illnesses
- Goal setting and support for making changes that promote good health
- Diabetes care during pregnancy, for women with gestational diabetes
Accredited by American Association of Diabetes Educators
Enloe’s Diabetes Education Program is accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators. This four-year accreditation, awarded in 2014, provides residents of Northern California, with increased access to critical diabetes education services. Enloe also received this accreditation in 2010.
Diabetes education is a collaborative process. With the assistance of diabetes educators, people with or at risk for diabetes gain the knowledge and skills needed to modify their behavior and successfully self-manage the disease and its related conditions.
(530) 332-6840 | Email Us | Map