Enloe Clinical Lab
Enloe Medical Center’s Clinical Lab serves inpatients at Enloe Medical Center, offers outpatient laboratory services and accepts physician referrals. Enloe’s Fountain Laboratory provides services to patients during their treatment at the Infusion Therapy Clinic inside Enloe’s Regional Cancer Center. Dr. Mark Carter is the medical director for Enloe’s Clinical Lab and Laboratory Services.
Services & Specialties
In addition to its two clinical labs, Enloe has a microbiology lab, phlebotomy services and transfusion services. We conduct lab tests in the specialties of chemistry, coagulation, hematology, microbiology, serology (serum antibody testing), special chemistry, transfusion and urinalysis.
Commonly performed outpatient tests include: CBC (Complete Blood Count), PT/INR (prothrombin time/ international normalized ratio) and PTT (partial thromboplastin time), basic and comprehensive metabolic chemistry panels, glucose tolerance, and thyroid testing, including TSH and free thyroxine (free T4). Additionally, the Enloe Clinical Lab also offers semen testing by appointment, for infertility, as well as post-vasectomy testing.
Preparing for Your Visit
- Please bring: An order, requisition or prescription from your doctor or care provider; your photo ID; and your insurance card. We accept most insurance plans.
- Please wear: A shirt that allows access to your arm, either short sleeves or sleeves that easily roll up.
- Physician instructions: Follow any other instructions your doctor has given you.
- Fasting: May be required for certain tests. If you are required to fast, do not eat or drink anything except water before your lab test. You can continue taking your medication as prescribed. Fasting is generally 8-12 hours, however follow your doctors’ orders.
- Glucose tolerance tests: Depending on the type of blood draw, the appointment may take 1 to 4 hours. For your safety, you will need to stay near the lab for the entire testing period, as some people have a hypoglycemic reaction, causing nausea or light-headedness. If possible, it is ideal to make arrangements for child care.
- Gestational Glucose Tolerance Test: If you will be having this test, please read these Gestational Glucose Tolerance Test patient instructions.
Arriving for Your Visit
- Hours: Enloe Clinical Lab | Open every day, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., including holidays
- Walk-ins & appointments: For your convenience, we offer walk-in service and you do not need an appointment for most tests. (Please do make an appointment for glucose tolerance testing). In order for the lab to provide services, you will need an order from your physician or licensed practitioner.
- Checking in: Please check in at the hospital’s registration area, just off the main lobby, before proceeding to the lab for your test.
Obtaining Your Lab Results
The majority of tests at the Enloe Clinical Lab are processed and reported within the same day. Tests involving cultures take longer to process. There are also tests that need to be sent to an outside lab, and results for these can take 3 to 4 days.
A copy of your lab results will always be sent to the doctor who ordered the tests. Your doctor will follow up with you about your results, and any questions you have should be discussed with your doctor. For your convenience, you may request a copy of your lab results directly from the laboratory. You will need to complete an authorization form | authorization form in Spanish (Adobe PDFs). If your family member or another person will be picking it up for you, you will need to sign the form and have it witnessed.
For those who have access to the Enloe Patient Portal, most lab results are available there, with the exception of any that California law prohibits from being transmitted electronically and via the Internet. For more information, see the Patient Portal FAQ.
Billing & Insurance
Enloe Medical Center accepts most insurance. Cash pay with discount plans for the uninsured, and payment plans are available. Patient Financial Services can be reached at (530) 332-6300.
More from Our Health eLibrary
Learn about the following lab tests on our Health eLibrary by clicking these links.
URI (Complete Urinalysis)
Immunology & Serology
Glucose Tolerance Testing
Gestational Glucose Tolerance Testing