Radiation oncologists at the Enloe Regional Cancer Center are trained to diagnose, treat and manage common cancers as well as unusual and rare tumor types. They administer treatments with close collaboration of staff at the Radiation Oncology Department.
TrueBeam™ System for Cancer Treatment
The Enloe Regional Cancer Center’s TrueBeam Linear Accelerator is the most comprehensive and technologically advanced equipment of its kind in the north state to treat complex cancers, such as the head and neck, lung, breast, abdomen and liver. The TrueBeam system’s advanced imaging and powerful treatment modes allow doctors to tailor treatments specific to the individual patient's particular cancer.
- Speed. The TrueBeam system offers the most accurate and quickest treatments. For some patients it can provide six-weeks of treatments in as little as one to five treatments.
- Precision. The integration of a CT scanner into the radiation treatment pinpoints the delivery of the radiation therapy. This precise localization of tumors with sub-millimeter accuracy allows the radiation oncologist to deliver extremely high doses of radiation to the tumor while protecting normal tissue. This ability is enhanced with the newly acquired PerfectPitch 6 Degrees of Freedom Couch, which further enables optimal targeting of cancerous masses by adjusting in six directions. This improves the accuracy of treatment and limits radiation exposure to healthy tissue. The Enloe Regional Cancer Center is the first facility north of the Bay Area to add this new piece of equipment.
- Comfort. With shorter treatment times and quiet operation, our linear accelerator provides for a more comfortable environment for patients. Music to be played during treatments, helping to enhance patient comfort.
We offer the latest techniques available for the treatment of cancer.
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) and Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS). High-dose, short-duration treatment that uses digital imaging to localize radiation.
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT). Our linear accelerators offer this precise treatment to target and destroy cancerous tumors while minimizing damage to surrounding healthy tissue.
- Other treatments include Image-Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT) , and RapidArc® radiotherapy technology and Gated RapidArc.
Enloe Regional Cancer Center, Radiation Oncology
(530) 332-3917 | Contact Us Online | Map