Preparing for Your Wound Care Visit
What to expect from your first visit
When you come to the Enloe Wound/Ostomy & Hyperbaric Center, our staff will review your medical history, evaluate your wound and check your general health with an examination. After evaluation, our physician will determine if you need additional tests that will give information about the blood flow in the wound area.
What to bring to your first visit
- List of allergies you may have
- List of prescription or over-the-counter medications you are taking including aspirin, vitamins and herbal products.
- Name and phone number of your primary care doctor(s)
- Any medical records you have from your primary care doctor(s)
- Your insurance cards
- If you have diabetes, bring snacks or medications with you. Your first visit will take extra time.
How we create your treatment program
When your tests are in, we'll put together a treatment program based on your special needs. This program will include regular visits to the Enloe Wound/Ostomy & Hyperbaric Center to provide treatment, evaluate progress and make any changes in treatment plan that may need needed. You or your caregiver will be given instructions in home care, dressing (bandage) changes and protecting the wound from further injury.
We will work with your personal doctor - discussing your treatment program and sending updates on your progress unless we are instructed otherwise. You'll continue to see your primary doctor for routine medical care.
More Answers to your wound care questions
Enloe Wound/Ostomy & Hyperbaric Center
1026 Mangrove, Suite 10
Chico, CA 95926