Welcome to our maternity Unit. Growing Healthy Babies and Families is what we are all about. Learn more about us:
- Birthing rooms
- Mother/Baby unit
- What does it mean to be a Baby-Friendly Hospital?
- Cesarean-section delivery and recovery room
- Special care nursery
- Visiting hours
A woman who has a vaginal birth will labor, birth, and recover in the same room. A whirlpool tub is available in the Maternity Unit to enhance comfort during labor. Additional pain-management options range from hypno-birthing techniques to epidural anesthesia. After recovery, usually about one to two hours after giving birth, mothers and their newborns relocate to fresh surroundings on the Mother/Baby Unit.
On the Mother/Baby Unit, mothers are encouraged to room with their babies as much as possible,although a nursery is available to help with the care of newborns. When the mother is rooming alone, a support person is encouraged to stay overnight. We offer personal instruction with mother, baby and family to review care techniques before hospital discharge. As a Baby- Friendly designated hospital, our education includes providing breastfeeding mothers with the information, confidence and skills needed to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding their babies
As of Oct. 3, 2011, Enloe became the 119th Baby-Friendly hospital or birth center in the United States and the 42nd in California. This means Enloe is certified under criteria established by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) to provide an optimal environment for the promotion, protection and support of breastfeeding. As a Baby-Friendly hospital, we provide families the information and guidance needed to initiate infant feeding and mother baby bonding. Learn more about breastfeeding.
For convenient and expedient care, a fully equipped operating room and a post-anesthesia recovery room are located within the Maternity Unit.
Sometimes babies have problems with feeding, breathing, or may have difficulty maintaining a normal blood sugar or body temperature. Some are premature or born too small. Nurses with advanced education and expertise in working with ill or unstable newborns are available to attend to high-risk deliveries and provide care in the Special Care Nursery.
Our visitor guideliness are intended to promote rest and snuggling, allow time for healing and learning, preserve privacy, enhance infant security and reduce exposure to infection. All visitors will sign in and out of the unit on each visit.
- Birthing Unit: Visitation is at discretion of the patient and nurse caring for the patient.
- Couplet Care (post delivery): Visiting hours are at the discretion of the patient in private rooms, and 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. in semi-private rooms.
- Special Care Nursery: Mothers and the designated support person are encouraged to visit any time of the day. Visitors must be approved by the mother. Siblings may visit at the discretion of the pediatrician.
- Note about children: Children are allowed to visit at the discretion of the patient. Children must be supervised by an adult other than the patient at all times. Children are to remain in the patient's room during their visit. Children younger than 14 years old who attend the birth must be accompanied by an adult whose sole responsibility is their supervision and support. In the waiting room, children under 12 must be supervised at all times.
Enloe Medical Center
Mother & Baby Care Center
Chico, CA 95926
We're BABY FRIENDLYTM
As a Baby Friendly hospital, we provide families the information and guidance needed to initiate infant feeding and mother baby bonding. Learn more about breastfeeding.