At Enloe Medical Center our goal is to provide mothers with the information, confidence and skills needed to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding their babies. We are here to provide ongoing support for you and your baby before, during and after the birth. Each mother comes to us with a personal infant feeding goal. It is our privilege to assist each mother in achieving her goal.
We're BABY FRIENDLY
In 2011, Enloe Medical Center became the first hospital between Butte County and Oregon to be awarded with the prestigious Baby Friendly award. This means Enloe is certified under criteria established by the WHO and the UNICEF to provide an optimal environment for the promotion, protection and support of breastfeeding. As a Baby-Friendly hospital, we provide families the information and guidance needed to initiate infant feeding and mother baby bonding.
Breastfeeding Services Before delivery
- Classes that cover everything you need to know about breastfeeding. Learn more.
- Personalized breastfeeding consultations with our Lactation Consultant to answer questions and offer advice. Appointments are available Monday through Friday in the afternoons.
- The Mother & Baby Boutique, a full-service shop offering a wide assortment of bras, pillows, breastpumps and specialty feeding equipment as well as bra fitting and breastpump advice.
During your hospital stay
- Skilled nursing staff will assist you in establishing breastfeeding from the moment your baby is born.
- Specially trained Lactation Consultants are able to develop feeding plans and arrange outpatient support as needed in the event of difficulties or special considerations. Consultations can be generated by a patient or her physician or nurse.
After discharge from the hospital
- Outpatient lactation support is available through our Enloe Mother & Baby Care Center:
- Private consultations by appointment are available Monday through Friday in the afternoons.
- Enloe's Mother & Baby Boutique sells and rents a variety of equipment and supplies for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Visit our Mother & Baby Boutique webpage for a list of products, contact information and hours.
- Breastfeeding class as part of our Bittie Baby & Me series of classes (This is free if you delivered at Enloe; otherwise the individual class is $15.).
We are Here to Help
Contact us online or by calling (530) 332-4580 for more information about breastfeeding services.
Enloe Mother & Baby Education Center
251 Cohasset Road, Suite 120
Chico, CA 95926
Find a Doctor