Hospice FACTS AND RESOURCES
More than 5,000 hospices across the country provide care to more than 1.2 million people each year. Common conditions receiving care include:
- End Stage Heart, Lung, Kidney or Liver Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Functional Decline
Enloe Hospice provide care to people of all ages. Help and support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling (530) 332-6060.
- Enloe Cancer Connections: The staff of social workers, nurses, and volunteers provides assistance in finding educational, financial and practical resources, support groups and wellness programs. Short term counseling related to cancer diagnosis and treatment is also available. 530.332.3854
- Passages Adult Resource Center: Provides information and support programs for those with chronic illness, disability or aging related conditions.
- Independent Living Services of Northern California: Provides referrals for in-home care providers, adaptive technology, and housing options.
- Caring Connections provides information about:
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Advanced Care Planning, Advanced Directives, Living Wills
- Financial Planning
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization ( NHPCO) is the national advocacy group to advance end of life care.
- Aging with Dignity: A non-profit organization which provides practical information, advice and legal tools to ensure your wishes, and those of your loved ones will be respected. Obtain a copy of the ‘Five Wishes’ living will.
- On Our Own Terms - Bill Moyers on Dying End of Life tools and resources for how to preprare yourself and your family.
1390 East Lassen Ave.
Chico, CA 95926
Toll-fee: 1.800.822.8102 Ask to be transferred to Enloe Hospice
Office hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. A Registered Nurse is available for consultation.
On-call nurse: An on-call nurse is available 24 hours a day for advice, support or a home visit as necessary.
Find a Doctor