It's about how you live
If you or someone you love is coping with a life-limiting illness, Enloe Hospice can guide you through the process. The Hospice philosophy of care focuses on quality of life. Our Hospice team members provide care to enable our patients to remain comfortably at home. The goal of our care is to relieve pain and other symptoms, and to enhance the quality of remaining life by keeping the patient as comfortable as possible in a familiar environment with family and friends. We focus our attention on the needs and priorities of our patients, and their loved ones, as they reach the end of life.
Who is hospice care for?
Hospice care is for any person who may be in the last six months of a serious illness, such as cancer, emphysema, heart failure, renal disease, neuromuscular disease, dementia or any other life-threatening illness. Enloe Hospice provides services to people of any age, including children.
What we offer
We offer practical assistance, compassion, reassurance and care when it is needed most. At Enloe Medical Center, we are committed to creating a nurturing environment where patients are surrounded by caring staff and supported with resources that promote healing of the body, mind and spirit.
- Nurses who are available for consultation or emergency visits 24 hours a day
- Volunteers who provide caregiver relief and companionship for the patient
- Ongoing pain and symptom management
- Prescription medications, medical supplies and equipment
- Individual plans of care, responsive to changing needs
- Support for the whole family: emotional, physical, spiritual
- Education for family members, and their inclusion in the planning and delivery of care
- Support groups through our bereavement servicesWorking with a patient's doctor and Family
WHY ENLOE HOSPICE
Enloe Hospice has been serving patients and families since 1987. We have a proven record of patient-centered care based on a holistic approach, encompassing mind, body and spirit. We offer:
- Access to Enloe Medical Center’s resources
- Seamless transition of care from hospital or Cancer Center to home
- No discrimination based on insurance coverage
- Medicare and Medi-Cal certified
- Joint commission accredited
- A dedicated team, led by your physician and including our medical director, pharmacists, registered nurses, social workers, therapy specialists, hospice aides, homemakers, spiritual caregivers and trained volunteers. Learn more about our hospice team.
Certified Hospice Agency
Enloe Hospice is a Certified Hospice Agency, meaning we provide services that are reimbursed by Medicare, Medi-Cal and most private health insurers. We also offer assistance for those with limited resources through our Community Service Program. Areas of specialty include:
• Emotional, physical and spiritual support
• Training and education of caregivers and patients
• Pain and symptom management
• Medications, medical supplies and equipment paid by hospice benefit
• 24-hour availability
• Individual and group support
• Bereavement services
• Trained volunteers
Care and support is available in anticipation of the loss of a loved one, and for up to a year following the patient’s care. Social workers and professionally trained volunteers provide individual and group support. Information about grief and loss is also available online.
We Honor Veterans
Enloe Medical Center is a We Honor Veterans Partner. This is a program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). It focuses on respectful inquiry, compassionate listening and grateful acknowledgment. By recognizing the unique needs of America’s veterans and their families, community providers, in partnership with VA staff, will learn how to accompany and guide them through their life stories toward a more peaceful ending.
. The generous support of community members and organizations makes this care possible.
Contact Enloe Hospice
1390 East Lassen Ave.
Chico, CA 95926
Toll-fee: 1.800.822.8102 (Ask to be transferred to Enloe Hospice)
Office hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For Enloe Hospice patients: An on-call nurse is available 24 hours a day for advice, support or a home visit as necessary.
1390 East Lassen Ave.
Chico, CA 95926
Open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
An on-call nurse is available for Enloe Hospice patients 24 hours a day for advice, support or a home visit as necessary.