Enloe Medical Center in Chico, Calif., offers individual education and group classes for people with Type I and Type II diabetes. Through our Sweet Success program, we also provide education and guidelines for women with gestational diabetes. Participants gain the knowledge and self-care skills necessary to manage their condition effectively. Education includes:
- Understanding the disease process
- Meal planning
- Home glucose monitoring and understanding blood-sugar goal ranges
- Acute and chronic complications of diabetes
- The benefits of exercise
- Diabetes care during illnesses
- Goal setting and support for making changes that promote good health
- Diabetes care during pregnancy, for women with gestational diabetes
For more information, please call 530.332.6840.
Enloe’s Diabetes Education Program is accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators. This four-year accreditation, awarded in 2014, provides residents of Northern California, with increased access to critical diabetes education services. Enloe also received this accreditation in 2010.
Diabetes education is a collaborative process. With the assistance of diabetes educators, people with or at risk for diabetes gain the knowledge and skills needed to modify their behavior and successfully self-manage the disease and its related conditions.
Contact Enloe Diabetes Services
Enloe Outpatient Center
888 Lakeside Village Commons
Chico, CA 95926
(530) 332-6840 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Know your numbers
- The effects of exercise
- Emotional wellbeing &
- Prediabetes: What do I eat?
Thank you to everyone who attended our April 22, 2015 Pre-Diabetes Class. It was a pleasure to meet you. We will keep these presentations posted for a couple of weeks so you have time to review them. Here's to your health!