Support Group Information
Enloe Medical Center provides a variety of support programs to promote health and wellness. Some of these groups were formed through partnerships with community organizations. For more information, please call the numbers listed below or the Enloe Marketing & Communications Office at (530) 332-6745. Facility location detail is at the bottom of the page.
This monthly drop-in group is open to anyone whose life has been touched by ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), often referred to as "Lou Gehrig's Disease." Please join us for conversation, sharing, support, suggestions and tips. Refreshments will be provided. Meets the last Thursday of every month (until 6/3/16) at Enloe HomeCare & Hospice. For more information about local groups, as well as patient and family services, visit the ALS Association or Sacramento Chapter of the ALS Association websites.
AWAKE (for Sleep Apnea)
For people with sleep apnea. Meets on the third Thursday of every other month, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., at Enloe HomeCare & Hospice. (530) 332-3117
Information and support for those considering, or who have had, bariatric surgery. Friends, family and support persons are welcome. Meets the last Wednesday of the month*, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Enloe Conference Center. (530) 332-5122
* Except April (April 22), November and December
- Enloe Hospice provides a free series of six weekly bereavement support group meetings, four times each year. For more information about this support group open to the community, to receive a packet of bereavement resources or to apply for a support group, please contact Enloe HomeCare & Hospice at (530) 332-3180.
- For perinatal bereavement support, see the Forever Loved description below.
Better Breathers Support Group
See "Second Wind Pulmonary Support Group Chapter of Better Breathers"
Cancer Support Services
- Brighter Days Skin Care Program: For those currently undergoing chemotherapy, radiation treatment or those who have completed therapy and need helpful tips on skin rejuvenation. Meet with dermatologist Donald Richey, MD, in a small group of your peers to explore principles of hair, skin and nail care. Receive free trade-size samples of dermatological products to determine your skin care needs. To register, call David Pierce at the Enloe Regional Cancer Center, (530) 332-3877. Walk-ins are welcome. First Wednesday of each month, from 11 a.m. to Noon in the Fountain Medical Conference Room. For additional information, please call: (530) 342-3686, ext. 252, or (530) 332-3877.
- Cancer Discussion Group: For patients and their caregivers at any stage of the cancer journey. Guest speakers and discussion topics related to managing the challenges associated with cancer and improving overall wellness. Meets the third Thursday of the month, from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Enloe Conference Center.
- Look Good...Feel Better: Free instruction on coping with the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment. A licensed beauty professional teaches makeup, skin care tips and suggestions for using wigs and headwear. Includes a complimentary make-up kit. Pre-registration is required. Call the American Cancer Society at 1-800-227-2345 for more information or to register.
- R.A.D. (Recreation and Dream for Kids with Cancer): Free recreational opportunities for children being treated for or recovering from cancer. Families welcome. Caring Choices: (530) 899-3873. Not an Enloe support group.
- VIVA! For kids, ages 6 to 16, to explore feelings and get information about living with cancer in the family while doing creative art projects and having fun! To register, call (530) 332-3877.
- Related Information: Enloe Cancer Connections and Enloe Regional Cancer Center Library
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
For those with depression and bipolar mood disorders, and their family and friends. Group meets Tuesdays, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., at the First Christian Church (295 E. Washington Ave., Chico). For more infomormation, please call Ken at (530) 566-4380. This is not an Enloe support group.
For more resources, visit National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) - Butte County. Also see a listing of local advocacy and protective services and information about Enloe Behavioral Health. For further reading, visit the Mental Health section of Enloe's Health eLibrary.
Diabetes Support Group
Ongoing support and management contribute to successful diabetes management. (530) 332-6840
Fibromyalgia Educational Support Group
Meets one Saturday a month, except in July, August and December. For meeting times and location, contact Joanne at (530) 345-1333.
Provides support for anyone who has experienced miscarriage, stillbirth or newborn loss. (530) 332-7610
Head Trauma Support Group
Meets on the first and third Tuesdays of each month, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Enloe Conference Center. For more information, please call Sandy at (530) 345-5799.
♥ Healthy Hearts
Provides a support group, educational forums, and trained volunteers (who themselves have heart disease) who visit patients. The support group and forums are open to heart disease patients and their families. The Enloe Heart Program facilitates meetings on the second Monday of each month at the Enloe Cardiac Rehabilitation Center. There will be no meetings in June, July, August and September 2015. Meetings details, including topics and guest speakers, are often listed on our Community Events web page. For more information, please call Ken at (530) 343-2000.
Related Information: Enloe's Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Huntington Disease Support Group
The Huntington's Disease Society of America's Northern California Chapter Chico Support Group meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Enloe Regional Cancer Center Library. For more information, please contact Lori: (530) 896-0257 or via email at email@example.com (be sure to put "HDSA" in the subject line of your email).
Insulin Pump Support Group
The insulin pump support group is for people using, or interested in using, insulin pump therapy. Facilitated by Enloe’s Diabetes Education Services, this group is led by Enloe's Certified Nurse Educators on the second Wednesday of January, March, May, July, September, and November. Meets from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Enloe Conference Center. (530) 332-6840
MS Self-Help Group Meetings
Meets on the first Monday of each month from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Enloe Rehabilitation Center, Small Conference Room. For information, contact Amy Clark at (530) 863-7818 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Tracy Claflin at (530) 343-3623 or email@example.com. If you are not a member of the National MS Society, Northern California Chapter, you can call 1-800-344-4867 and become a member for access to the latest research information and educational materials.
MS Newly Diagnosed Meeting
Are you newly diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS)? A diagnosis of MS can create many unexpected emotions that leave you with a strong need to understand the changes you may be facing. This informative program, conducted by National MS Society staff, will address the most common concerns for people who are newly diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. This orientation provides an excellent opportunity to have any questions you may wish to ask answered and learn more about available resources. For more information, contact Amy Clark, Community Development Manager for the National MS Society, at (530) 863-7818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ostomy Association Support Group - Chico Chapter
This group meets on the second Sunday of each month (no meetings in July and August) from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Enloe Conference Center. (530) 332-7144
Second Wind Pulmonary Support Group | Chapter of Better Breathers
Offering support and education for people with lung conditions, this group meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., at the Enloe Outpatient Center, 888 Lakeside Village Commons, Building C, Classroom A, Chico.For more information, call Marti, (530) 533–5369 or Pat, (530) 538-9196.
Sleep Apnea Support Group
Please see the AWAKE listing above.
Stroke Support Group
Social and educational opportunities for stroke survivors and their caregivers, friends and family. Led by a stroke nurse, includes guest speakers. Meets on the second Wednesday of the month, from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Call the Enloe Stroke Program at (530) 332-3981 for location and more information.
Facility addresses are listed below. For more information, refer to the Our Locations section.
- Enloe Cardiac Rehabilitation Center: 888 Lakeside Village Commons, Building C, Exercise Room, Chico
- Enloe Conference Center: 1528 Esplanade (at E. 5th Ave.), Chico
- Enloe Education Center: Victorian House, 1505 Oleander Ave., Chico
- Enloe HomeCare & Hospice and Home Medical Equipment: 1390 E. Lassen Ave., Chico
- Enloe's Mother & Baby Education Center: 251 Cohasset Road, Suite 120, Chico
- Enloe Outpatient Center: 888 Lakeside Village, Chico
- Enloe Regional Cancer Center (& Cancer Center Library): 265 Cohasset Road, Chico
- Enloe Rehabilitation Center: 340 W. East Ave., Chico
- Fountain Medical Conference Room: 251 Cohasset Road, Chico