Support Group Information
Enloe Medical Center provides a variety of support programs to promote health and wellness. Some of these groups were formed through partnerships with community organizations. For more information, please call the numbers listed below or the Enloe Marketing & Communications Office at (530) 332-6745. Facility location detail is at the bottom of the page.
This monthly drop-in group is open to anyone whose life has been touched by ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), often referred to as "Lou Gehrig's Disease." Please join us for conversation, sharing, support, suggestions and tips. Refreshments will be provided. Meets the last Thursday of every month (until 6/3/16) at Enloe HomeCare & Hospice from noon to 1:30 p.m.. For more information about local groups, as well as patient and family services, visit the ALS Association or Sacramento Chapter of the ALS Association websites.
AWAKE (for Sleep Apnea)
For people with sleep apnea. This group usually meets the second Wednesday of every other month from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Enloe HomeCare & Hospice. However, in November, it will meet on the third Wednesday of the month. For more information, please call (530) 332-3117.
Information and support for those considering, or who have had, bariatric surgery. Friends, family and support persons are welcome. This group usually meets the last Wednesday* of the month (except December) from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Enloe Conference Center. For more information, please call (530) 332-5122.
- Enloe Hospice provides a free series of six weekly bereavement support group meetings three times each year. For more information about this support group open to the community, to receive a packet of bereavement resources or to apply for a support group, please contact Enloe HomeCare & Hospice at (530) 332-6060.
- For perinatal bereavement support, see the Forever Loved description below.
Better Breathers Support Group
The name of this group has changed. Please see listing below for Second Wind Pulmonary Support Group Chapter of Better Breathers.
Cancer Support Services
- Brighter Days Skin Care Program: For those currently undergoing chemotherapy, radiation treatment, or those who have completed therapy and need helpful tips on skin rejuvenation. Meet with a licensed dermatologist in a small group of your peers to explore the principles of hair, skin and nail care. A dental hygienist will educate you on the importance of good oral health during treatment as well. Receive free trade-size samples, resources and support. To register or get more information, call (530) 332-3856.
- Cancer Discussion Group: For patients and their caregivers at any stage of the cancer journey. Guest speakers and discussion topics related to managing the challenges associated with cancer and improving overall wellness. Meets the third Thursday of the month, from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Enloe Conference Center.
- Look Good...Feel Better: Free instruction on coping with the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment. A licensed beauty professional teaches makeup, skin care tips and suggestions for using wigs and headwear. Includes a complimentary make-up kit. Pre-registration is required. Call the American Cancer Society at 1-800-227-2345 for more information or to register.
- VIVA! Support for kids living with cancer in the family. For more information, call (530) 332-3856.
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
For those with depression and bipolar mood disorders, and their family and friends. Group meets Tuesdays, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., at the First Christian Church (295 E. Washington Ave., Chico). For more infomormation, please call Ken at (530) 566-4380. (This is not an Enloe support group.)
Ongoing support and management contribute to successful diabetes management. For more information, please call (530) 332-6840.
Provides support for anyone who has experienced miscarriage, stillbirth or newborn loss. For more information, please call (530) 332-7610.
Head Injury Support Group
Provides support for anyone who has experienced a head injury. This group meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., at the Enloe Conference Center, 1528 Esplanade, Chico. For more information, contact Julie from the Brain Injury Coalition at (530) 518-0256.
♥ Healthy Hearts
Provides a support group, educational forums and trained volunteers (who themselves have heart disease) who visit patients. The support group and forums are open to heart disease patients and their families. The Enloe Heart Program facilitates meetings on the second Monday of each month at the Enloe Outpatient Center, Building C, Classroom A. For more information, please call Ken at (530) 343-2000.
Huntington Disease Support Group
The Huntington's Disease Society of America's Northern California Chapter Chico Support Group meets on the third Tuesday of each month from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Enloe Regional Cancer Center Library. For more information, please contact Lori at (530) 896-0257 or via email at email@example.com (be sure to put "HDSA" in the subject line of your email).
Infertility Support Group
If you are in need of comfort, understanding and support regarding infertility, we welcome you to come discover you are not alone in the journey. This is a confidential support group designed to help create a safe sense of community. This group meets on the first Thursday of every month from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Enloe Conference Center, 1528 Esplanade, Chico. For more information, contact Andrea at (530) 517–1447 or Sarah at (530) 519–2268. For additional information and resources about infertility, visit the National Infertility Association website at http://www.resolve.org/.
Insulin Pump Support Group
The insulin pump support group is for people using, or interested in using, insulin pump therapy. Facilitated by Enloe’s Diabetes Education Services, this group is led by Enloe's Certified Nurse Educators on the second Wednesday of January, March, May, July, September and November. It meets from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Enloe Conference Center. For more information, please call (530) 332-6840.
MS Self-Help Group Meetings
Meets on the first Monday of each month from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Enloe Rehabilitation Center, Small Conference Room. For information, contact Amy Clark at (530) 863-7818 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Tracy Claflin at (530) 343-3623 or email@example.com. If you are not a member of the National MS Society, Northern California Chapter, you can call 1-800-344-4867 and become a member for access to the latest research information and educational materials.
MS Newly Diagnosed
Are you newly diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS)? A diagnosis of MS can create many unexpected emotions that leave you with a strong need to understand the changes you may be facing. To learn more about available MS resources or ask questions, call to make an appointment with Amy Clark, community development manager for the National MS Society, at (530) 863-7818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ostomy Association Support Group - Chico Chapter
This group meets on the second Sunday of each month from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Enloe Conference Center. For more information, please call (530) 332-7144.
Second Wind Pulmonary Support Group | Chapter of Better Breathers
Offering support and education for people with lung conditions, this group meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Enloe Outpatient Center, 888 Lakeside Village Commons, Building C, Classroom A, Chico. For more information, please call Marti at (530) 533–5369 or Pat at (530) 538-9196.
Sleep Apnea Support Group
Please see the AWAKE listing above.
Stroke Support Group
Social and educational opportunities for stroke survivors and their caregivers, friends and family. Led by a stroke nurse, this group often has guest speakers. It meets on the second Wednesday of the month from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Enloe Conference Center. For more information, call the Enloe Stroke Program at (530) 332-7258.
Facility addresses are listed below. For more information, refer to the Our Locations section.